Day 21: Implementing a lifelong learning model

Today I began working on the other half of my project which is lifelong learning. Lifelong learning allows a network to improve itself continually without forgetting old data. This is useful because retraining an entire neural network takes lots of time and computational power. The lifelong model I implemented is called incremental nearest neighbor. Nearest neighbor stores all of your points in a coordinate grid and it classifies a new item by checking which known object is closest. Incremental nearest neighbor adds every new data point it classifies to the grid hopefully improving the accuracy of the model as it does. Next week I will continue to work on lifelong models as well as using VQA data on them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Network success and an interesting lecture

Day 26: Polishing my presentation

Day 22: Implementing new lifelong learning models